Scope BLN announces an open call for artists living and working in the countries of the European Union. The residency programs for European artists are long term – between 6 and 12 months and this call is for 1 program starting in 2023 and 3 programs starting in 2024.
What does Scope BLN AiR offer?
– A single fully furnished room
– A private working studio
– Shared kitchen
– Guidance in exploring Berlin and its art scene
– Possibility of presentations, short-term projects and implementation of workshops in Scope BLN cinema room
– Open studio and opportunity to present your work to the professional audience and the community of Scope BLN
– Solo show at the Scope BLN project space. The exhibition will be accompanied by public artists talk, photo and videodocumentation.
Total monthly fee to be paid by the artist in residence – 1200 €
Scope BLN will gladly provide letter of acceptance for the grants / funding applications process undertaken personally by the artists.
What is the duration?
It is a long-term residence program with duration between 6 and 12 months.
Who can apply?
The open call is intended for artists based in an EU member state, working in the fields of contemporary painting, photography, sculpture, installation, multimedia, video, film, digital art, sound, performance or multidisciplinary forms without any restrictions on their age, nationality and gender.
What are the requirements?
– EU citizenship
– Interest in Berlin art scene
– A project in the field of contemporary art to work on during the residency
– Funds to cover the monthly fee and living expenses in Berlin
– Awareness of community requirements
– Good knowledge of English or German
How to apply?
– Application letter (max 1 standard A4 page)