Please note that the call for Tusen Takk’s 2025 residencies is only open to mid-career and established visual artists working in photography, printmaking, book arts, painting, works on paper, sculpture/installation, and fiber arts. For the 2025 season, we are not accepting applications from artists working primarily in music composition, creative writing, movement, dance, performance, academic research, journalism/critique, or film editing/production.
During open call periods, Tusen Takk welcomes applications from artists who have/are:
– The ability to produce a consistent body of high-quality work
– A dedication to their artistic practice with a desire to spend at least 30 hours a week in the studio
– Self-motivated and able to work alone – unless the residency is to be a collaboration between two people, the vast majority of the time the resident will be living and working in relative solitude
– A willingness to engage with audiences
– An openness to sharing thoughts on their work, their practice, and their processes through Tusen Takk’s online and printed publications
– Comfortable communicating with Tusen Takk’s English-speaking staff and audiences
– 21 or older
– US citizenship or the ability to obtain a US visa (if needed). Most international artists can come on a visitor visa, but certain countries do not participate in the visa waiver program. Since delays can occur, international applicants should be sure to check the visa appointment wait times. Upon offer of a residency, the Tusen Takk Foundation is able to provide letter(s) of invitation.
– Alumni of the program are welcome to reapply 5 years after their last residency
Finalists will be contacted for a virtual interview by April 2024 and all applicants will receive a final decision by June 2024.