For more than 60 years, it has very much been the world of the Bisazza family. It was there in 1956 that Piero and Rossella’s father Renato founded a mosaic manufacturing company, whose products were initially destined as cladding for the exterior of buildings. Things have since changed significantly and the former factory today houses the Foundation. The building’s transformation was orchestrated by the architect Carlo Dal Bianco, whose brief was to create clean orderly spaces, while retaining traces of the building’s industrial past. In response, he maintained the exposed concrete floors, kept in place marks left by the old furnaces and installed floor-to-ceiling windows that flood the vertiginously lofty interiors with natural light. For, what the Foundation may lack in terms of a glamorous location, it certainly makes up for in space. Its eleven rooms currently stretch over some 6,000 m2, with an extra 1,500 m2 devoted to temporary exhibitions.